I can’t believe I missed the launch date! I was so eager to be one of the very first to blog about it, but I was in Dubai for the last week to attend Microsoft’s very own Tech-Ed 2011 Middle East (which was awesome by the way!)
So, March 10th was the date Microsoft released it’s Desktop Optimization Pack 2011 (MDOP 2011) and many fellow MVPs blogged about MED-V 2.0 and App-V Sequencer 4.6 SP1. I really suggest you check them out as they have a lot of great technical details.
- Ment Van Der Plas brings us up to speed about the new built-in Diagnostics in the App-V 4.6 SP1 Sequencer.
- Alaa Ajweh talks .about the .NET Framework 4 and Dynamic Suite Composition.
- Tim Managan tells you everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the new App-V Package Accelerators!
- Ruben Spruijt, is blogging on Springboard about the benefits of App-V 4.6 SP1 and MED-V 2.0!
- Kevin Kaminski talks about how the new App-V Sequencer makes packaging for App-V easier, faster and more predictable on his blog.
- Aaron Parker discusses how the new App-V Sequencer helps you implement sequencing best practices.
- Kalle Saunamaki blogs about the journey from recipes to Package Accelerators and walks you through creating your very own App-V Package Accelerator!
- Jurjen van Leeuwen is excited about all of the new features in the App-V 4.6 SP1 Sequencer, and walks us through how to use the read-only shared cache in an RDS environment.
you can check them out on Application Virtualization TechCenter, direct link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/appvirtualization/default.aspx